Nowadays, Smartphone photography is a passion for a wide range of people in the world. Smartphone makers are in the competition for making a better Camera phone than each other. This Chinese tech giant that we’re calling as Huawei at the top of the competition in many ways. They have good performing devices overall.
Huawei P30 Pro is one of a great device they ever made. This device having latest camera technology with Leica Quad camera setup with 40MP (Wide Angle Lens, OIS, and f/1.6 aperture) + 20MP (Ultra Wide Angle Lens, f/2.2 aperture) + 8MP (Telephoto, OIS, f/3.4) cameras + TOF (Time-of-Flight) Camera for autofocus and AIS (Ai Image Stabilization). It’s a surprisingly great camera phone and no doubt it has the better stock camera app too.
But if you ever try Google Camera App (GCam) on this device, You’re going to love it. Because, since Google’s Pixel devices release, everyone knows they had the amazing camera algorithm. It can capture stunning images in every aspect not even during the daytime also it can capture excellent images in low light too.
How Google Camera [GCam] Working With Huawei P30 Pro
The GCam app is exclusive for the Pixel devices that Made by Google. But this is the GCam port which is working with any other non-pixel devices. So this version is exclusively working for any Huawei devices which are based on Kirin chipsets. Some ported apps are working on only rooted devices. But no worries this app is working fine with non-rooted devices. So no root access required. All the credits go to the developers who ported this app to work with any device. You have to do only Download Google Camera ported APK and just giving permissions to your device and install it as normal.
This app offers several standard camera features that you loved of GCam Portrait Mode, HDR, HDR+ and Night Mode those are working with devices that are running Android Pie. For the older versions also working some features like Night Mode. It also offers RAW files, Google Lens and AR Stickers as well.
What’s Working Features of GCam Port:
- The primary camera will work fine
- Default camera settings are working well
- Night Mode Is working well
- Also, other features will be working [Depends on your device and Android version that you have]
Known Issues and Bugs:
- HDR+ not working
- If you tried to tweak the settings BSC camera app will crash
Download Google Camera App:
Follow This Steps To Install Google Camera on Your Device:
1. Download the GCam APK file from the provided link above.
2. If you downloaded the APK file using your PC, Make sure to copy that file to the internal storage of your device.
3. Now, You have to enable “Unknown Sources” of your device (If already enabled. You can skip this step). Or Go to the Settings Menu > Security and you’ll be able to see “Unknown Sources” Please make sure to toggle-on that to enable.
4. Navigate to the location where you saved the Gcam APK and install it.
5. Once, You completed the installation. Just open the application and Enjoy it!
That’s it. We hope you’ve successfully installed the app on your Huawei device. If you got troubled, Feel free to comment below!